I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8

I will be out next week, so I will not be able to send out any signals real-time. What I will do instead is send out the retroactive signals at the end of the week. Obviously imperfect, but that's what it is.

Here are a few thoughts and observations as I look ahead to the possibilities for next week:

1. More upside on the 60-min System.

We had a buy signal on Wednesday morning (see: https://twitter.com/binve01/status/210369520337039360) from a sub-cycle bottom. And today that signal was further confirmed with a Cycle bottom. Which means that a significant divergence is required before a sell signal will be issued, which means I expect another high above this week's high.

That high doesn't have to come next week. In fact it would be very healthy if the market too a breather early next week to consolidate the reversal (and maybe set up an inverse head and shoulders).

But however it manifests, I don't think this upmove is over.

2. Potential bottom on the Daily System.

As I said on June 1 there were a large number of reasons why I thought the Daily sell signal was suspect. We made a lower low on Monday after last Friday's sell signal, reversal on Tuesday, and then traded up the rest of this week. As it stands, we now have a divergence at the Tuesday bottom over the last down sequence since May. The Daily system is obviously slower than the 60-min system so my indicators have not turned around to give a buy signal yet. But another week like this past week and it likely will.
blog comments powered by Disqus