I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Friday, February 3, 2012

Feb 3

As I was pointing out in December (and on many prior occasions over the past several months) that the comparisons between now and the beginning of 2008 were flawed. And in that particular post I was looking at moves in the sectors as evidence.

Here is an update on the sector behavior:


There is nothing bearish about this. Small caps and Energy are a week away of issuing their own positive crosses. Compare this to 2008 were virtually nothing (save Staples and Utilities) had a positive cross even on the large 2008 correction back up.

But this is the same topic that I have been discussing for months. Please see this post: Long Term Technicals and Macro, which has links to a lot of good studies that I did specifically on this point going back to August.
blog comments powered by Disqus