I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another (Potential) Divergence

This is a tricky one, because the SPX/VIX does not always show divergence with respect to the SPX at turning points, at least not all the minor tops and bottoms. But it has for the last three "important" (obviously a subjective modifier) turns.

The recent move of the VIX was not accompanied by a commensurate drop on the SPX. So the ratio has significant divergence potential (that is all it is right now, just potential, there is no divergence yet at least on any meaningful timescale)

blog comments powered by Disqus