I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Monday, September 13, 2010

Noted Divergences and More Ponderings

I will be building off my ideas from yesterday's post Ponderings. See that post to put this one in context.

First major observation: The NDX bettered its August high today. I was noting that the FTSE already did last week. Maybe you want to argue that the British index does not move like the US Indices (even though I noted that it does, quite a lot, and in fact most of the time leads the SPX slightly). Fine. But if you are maintaining a 1-2 (Minor), 1-2 (Minute) down count and ignoring the NDX, then you are doing yourself a disservice (IMO).

Here is my count within the context of the Large LD from yesterday's post. This wave really could be done here.


I think we are within the target area for C to be done. It would technically be a truncated C, but I feel it is close enough to the Aug peak to qualify as a double top.



Also note that there are some substantial divergences taking place. Definitely on the 60 minute, but even cropping up on the Daily chart as well.


blog comments powered by Disqus