I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Monday, August 30, 2010

Squarepants

Okay, my big beef with the counts thus far is that I have been unable to reconcile the SPX, Nasdaq and the Russell. This led me to this option: Spice Weasel. But I don't love the count. And per my last post: Spongebob, I am not favoring the 1-2, 1-2 count down. We had a selloff today that could be developing impulsively, but it happened on NO VOLUME!. .... No sir, I don't like it.

What makes sense to me, based on the divergences we are seeing on the 15, 30 and now 60 minute charts, is that we will see a bottom soon. The McClellan is showing divergence as well: Span.

But the damned Russell keeps throwing in a monkey wrench!

... Unless its Minor 2 top is out of phase with the other indices. Blankfiend put together and excellent Russell examination (Russell 2000) and it got me to thinking about this wave.

I now have a count that:

1) Jives with the divergences noted above
2) Allows for a pre and post Labor Day rally (I think this is *extremely* likely)
3) That I like / find believable



blog comments powered by Disqus