I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And For Better Measure(?), Long Term Internal Strength Indicators

Building from my last two posts: And For Good Measure, My Large SPX Count and Projection and BXK and XLF Large Count Updates

Here is another reason why I think this wave does not mark the top of P2. I shared the first chart from: Bearish? Hell Yeah! ... But Is This The "Top"?

The NYSE Cumulative Advance/Decline Line has not been diverging. By diverging, I mean that as a measure of the internal strength of the wave, we should be seeing *weakening* internals. The A/D line should be making lowers highs near the top as price makes higher highs. That would be clear divergence.

Neither the A/D Line is diverging, nor is the High/Low line. Nor is the TRIN in any meaningful fashion.

But an indicator telling is we are getting close is that the daily breadth *spikes* are getting smaller and more infrequent. This move is *very* tired. ... But not dead yet IMO.




We are just not seeing any negative divergence showing up on our internal indicators. This move just doesn't look done to me yet.

blog comments powered by Disqus