I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Monday, February 1, 2010

I Should Listen To Myself More Often

So last week was confusing, lots of up/down action with false breakouts and false breakdowns that generally trended lower. I was trying to chart / count it, just like everybody else. But I was looking through some older posts of mine and I drew up this chart the week before last (Friday Jan 22) from this post Looks Like Hibernation Time Is Over:



Interesting. And I had not touched this particular chart all last week (or looked at it, and in retrospect I should have :) ), which means I left the annotated projections just like I drew them last Friday. The price data then filled in last week and this is what the chart looks like today:



..... I should have just listened to myself 2 weeks ago. LOL!

Anyways, per my post this morning, Update on the ES Count / Pattern I think the move down is done and we are now in Wave 2.

In fact today / tonight we broke the upper trendline. We might get a pullback tomorrow as a correction, but it should not make a new low.

blog comments powered by Disqus