I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Friday, November 13, 2009

Back Testing! Check It and See

I've got a fever of .... 1093? Oh, wait, that's the price of the SPX

Yep, so far this looks like a broken channel back test. It can ride it up for some time. But *at the most* I would expect it to challenge the high on Wed of 1105. Because as I was pointing out yesterday Fish in a Tree, How Can That Be?, those were some severe trendline breaks. And if it goes back up to 1105, just load up on shorts like I did on Wednesday.

My count has us in a B wave now, and they are full of weird moves with nasty retraces. So be careful that when you are counting an impulse that it is not a zigzag.



The 1 min chart is also showing some interesting down channeling that could be forming.

blog comments powered by Disqus