I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Friday, October 30, 2009

Sit Ubu Sit .... Ubu?

(whispering).... We have secretly replaced Gary David Goldberg's Black Labrador with a large grizzly bear, let's see if he notices

Ubu ??
AHHHH!!!!!!
ROAR !!!!

..... I am just randomly entertaining myself. But this nice bullish compliant rally has been secretly replaced with a (or rather the resumption of) bear market.

Let's see if the dip buyers notice.

Anyways, getting back to the counts. I still maintain that the count, at least at the Minute degree (but I also think Minuette discrepancies are too big also), should be the same between the 5 major indices (SPX, INDU, COMPQ, NDX, RUT). So drawing on the observations from last night (Reinstating the Tin Foil Hat Zone) here are my counts.

Wave 4 going into 1 on the Dow *CANNOT* be ignored. So I think a leading diagonal makes the most sense. It counts as one very specifically on the Dow, COMPQ and NDX and it is only the "shape" of a diagonal on the SPX and RUT.

Point is I think yesterday was a Wave 2 reaction and the strength of today especially as it accelerated the last hour counts very nicely as the _beginning_ of a Wave 3.



blog comments powered by Disqus