I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mid-Day Count Sept 23

I still have alternate counts on the brain today. Here is an alternate count based on two ideas from kbmartin and Alphahorn:



However, there are still a lot of reasons why I don't like it, as you can see from the chart notes. But again, none of the count options are particularly compelling (even my preferred) and I think this is be best alternative count (IMO).

Here is still my preferred count (building off of these counts: EOD Count Sept 22, Mid-Day Count Sept 22 and EOD Count Sept 21).



The problems: Minutette 1 and 2 (green) are *very* small. It does work out to be a Fib ratio with Wave 3, but it is something to acknowledge (however it does channel well, which is a plus). Also the past 2 days Wave 4 has been up, much more that it has been down. I am counting it as an X wave. But this "correction" isn't doing much "correcting" anymore.

*However* this price action on the SPX and NDX is not impulsive up. So the price action the last 2 days is either part of a Wave 4 X wave (my preferred) or part of an ending diagonal (which counts as a 3-3-3-3-3). There is no believable way (IMO) to count it as a leading diagonal (which is a 5-3-5-3-5) for the first sub-wave in a Wave 5, and absolutely no believable way to count it as the beginning of a clean impulse up.
blog comments powered by Disqus